WP01 - Installing, Configuring and Managing WordPress
Get in touch if you'd like to go on the list for future courses or to arrange private training
WordPress is one of the most popular and pervasive platforms in today's marketplace, powering approximately a quarter of the top websites.
It's a great choice for many businesses and products, but like every system has it's strengths and weaknesses - and you need the
knowledge to make the most of the functionality available.
Our 6 week introductory course is designed for anyone with a reasonable degree of computer literacy who wants to learn about the installation process and
to learn how to set up, build and manage their own website using WordPress in an informal, workshop based environment with a small group of peers.
£500 per person, 12 hours over 6 weeks
- Session 1 - Introduction & Setting up WordPress
- Session 2 - Creating & publishing content
- Session 3 - Themes
- Session 4 - Plugins
- Session 5 - Introduction to SEO & Social Media
- Session 6 - Finishing touches & looking ahead
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand what WordPress is, how it works and how to set it up.
- Be comfortable obtaining, installing and configuring themes and plugins.
- Be confident creating and editing different types of website content
- Know how to keep your WordPress site up-to-date and secure.
- Be setting out on an exciting journey running your own website(s)!
All participants receive a free domain name registration (.com/.co.uk; supplement applies for .je or .gg) and web hosting for one year plus a complimentary theme from MeanThemes.
You will need to bring your own laptop computer with you to sessions.